For the last 21 days I fasted for Tellan. I gave up something hard (for me). Every time I wanted it (and more) I prayed for him. But my prayers weren’t specific. Honestly, I didn’t know how to pray. I have hesitated sharing a lot of specifics because well nothing is specific at this point. I don’t know what is causing Tellan the struggles he is having, but I do have an idea. Tellan has a lot of signs of a form of Cerebral Palsy. This has not been diagnosed by a doctor, but both the doctors & therapists who have seen him (we see a neurologist in a couple weeks) agree he has some signs of CP. When this was first mentioned I was devastated – then I did a lot of reading & spoke with a really sweet friend who has walked that path & was perfect for lifting my spirits.
For weeks I prayed he didn’t have CP. I begged God to take it from him. Then I watched that movie, “Miracles From Heaven.” Tellan has so many of the same symptoms as that little girl & we have been told the same things – “it’s reflux” “it’s dairy” “it’s dairy & soy”. That little girl was dying!!! Ever since I watched that movie I quit asking God for it to not be CP & honestly prayed that’s all it was. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want Tellan’s life to be anymore difficult than it has to be, but the thing is – it could be soooo much worse. Even if he is diagnosed with CP – it’s mild. I have prayed for complete healing, but these last 21 days I have spent lifting my son up to God & trusting for His divine intervention.
Last week the specialist told us the biopsy results would reveal if the inflammation on Tellan’s esophagus was from reflux or an allergy. If it confirmed reflux he would have to have surgery. If it confirmed an allergy it would mean testing for specific allergies & most likely major diet changes. In short, we were looking at a surgical quick fix vs. nonsurgical much longer duration. Again, I found myself unable to pray for anything specific. I told God, “I just don’t know which of these is the best option. I’m so glad I don’t have to, because I know YOU know what’s best & I trust Your hand in this.”
My 21 day fast ended today & what are the chances the doctor’s office would call today with the results of Tellan’s biopsies??
Allergies were ruled out. BUT… Wait for it – the doctor has decided to try to increase Tellan’s current medicine to twice a day instead of surgery. (That was never even mentioned as an option before!!)
Y’all!!!!! This is like the BESTEST case scenario!!!!
❤️Tellan may be tiny, but his God sure is Mighty!!!❤️
(*As I write this there is the most beautiful full rainbow across the sky & the song “He Knows” is playing on the radio.)